Carer Line - http://www.carersnsw.org.au/how-we-help/support/carer-line/
The Carer Line is available 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday – 1800 242 636
The Carer Line is staffed by experienced Carer Support Officers who offer emotional support, referrals, and distribute carer specific resources and information, to carers, service providers and community members. Our Carer Support Officers understand the issues carers face and the supports carers can access in their local community.
Information and Referral
Carer Support Officers can tell you about or refer you to:
* Local carer support groups
* Respite services
* Counselling services, including the National Carer Counselling Program
* Specific support programs including the Young Carer Program, Older Parent Carer Program and Better Start Program
* Disability or illness specific organisations
* Advocacy and legal services
* Home and Community Care services
* Education and training opportunities for carers and service providers.
Resources and publications
Specialist publications and resources are also available through the Carer Line including:
* Carers NSW brochures and publications
* Carer Support Kits in a variety of different languages
* Relaxation CDs and tapes
* Illness specific information
* Fact sheets on services available to you
* Fact sheets on carer wellbeing
* Carers' Handbook
Many carers find caring a positive experience; however caring can also have negative effects on people. Stress, social isolation, loneliness, changes in relationships and a sense of loss are common experiences for carers.
Some people find it helpful to talk about these feelings and it may not be easy or appropriate to talk to family or friends. The Carer Line offers a safe place for carers to express their emotions. Carer Support Officers understand the impacts of caring and can provide an empathetic and non-judgemental ear. If further support is needed, a referral to the National Carer Counselling Program can be made.
Register/Login to join the discussion.
The things that can help us support a carer support group are constantly changing. Find out and share information about what’s new. Have you heard about something you think would help other carers?
Moderator: Matt (CPC Admin)
First unread post • 1 post • Page 1 of 1